Verdigris is on a mission to sustain and enrich human life through responsive energy intelligence. Our AI sensors automate energy management and predict unseen equipment failures in mission-critical buildings. This is a critical step for autonomous, sustainable environments responsive to their inhabitants.
While the Covid19 crisis has been devastating for us all it presents opportunities for our mission. As a society we depend on critical building infrastructure. Our survival of this pandemic means even greater electrical energy challenges accelerating how we may shape human destiny on this planet.
Extraordinary outcomes need exceptional teams. As a company we value working together and continuously growing.
As our new finance leader, you’ll refine and improve existing financial processes. You're also not afraid to redevelop, teardown, and/or redesign core finance and accounting functions for Verdigris.
You're thoughtful, detail-oriented and reflective. You take time to understand businesses deeply and observe context but are also not afraid of quick changes. You balance best practice with first principle design to launch from 0, but continuously are redesigning and improving financial processes.
You’re intimate with accounting and finance for many stages of tech companies from startups to IPOs. You breathe operating models, cash flows, revenue operations, KPIs and financial statements. You can also skillfully negotiate acquisition debt, financings, and securities instruments. You enjoy building external relationships with board members, vendors, strategic partners, bankers, and inAvestors.
You are the rare individual with a passion for detailed numbers and the intuition for building robust businesses. You’re well-rounded, execution focused, transparent and collaborative.
You are a resilient operator even under the most resource-constrained and stressful conditions because you care deeply about our mission.
You’ll innovate new and efficient ways for Verdigris to grow beyond your job description. While you're an expert in your field, you hold a beginner's mindset with an attitude for continuous learning.
【About Business Ops】
Verdigris is constantly evolving. We’re currently organized as small agile teams, typically sized between 3-8 people and collocated. The Business Ops team (“Bops”) is the current operations arm for the company. You'll be coming in to help lead and upgrade the skills of this team. Today, we are a cross-functional team with broadly technical skillsets, working to build processes. Verdigrisians rely on us for strategy, planning, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, accounting, administration, cash management, investor relations, board meetings, policies, KPIs, OKRs, compensation, equity, and benefits, recruiting, financings (equity and debt), contract negotiation, performance reviews, financial auditing, IP strategy, facilities and IT. Phew! This means you’ll wear different hats at times and you will heavily impact our culture. As collaborators we pitch in when it’s all hands on deck, but also believe in individual accountability of result delivery.
- Partner with the founders, the Board of Directors, and our management, to help steer a financially-engineered growth/expansion strategy
- Learn, optimize and run our financial operating plan
- Evaluate financial and business performance against goal-driven metrics
- Develop and maintain monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets and forecasts and share insights to the steering committee
- Help develop and analyze new initiatives, offerings and product launches
- Maintain cash flow planning and oversee our investment strategies
- Manage liquidity and other key financial risks
- Prepare company and materials for future equity financing
- Collaborate, lead, and mentor your business ops teammates
- Do whatever else Verdigris needs to ensure our success
- You have expert qualifications in Finance, and/or Business Administration
- You directly worked with and built operating models, revenue models and financial models for various technology products and software service businesses
- You have strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- You have demonstrated leadership ability
- You have expert written and oral presentation skills adaptable across broad audience types
- You have demonstrated broad operational capability
- You are an expert with spreadsheets, forecasting and quantitative modeling
- You are fluent in English and can travel in person to meet and build relationships with key stakeholders globally
【Nice to Haves】
- You are a proficient coder in at least one function scripting or programming language
- You are proficient and experienced in modern finance/accounting automation tools
- You enjoy operating across functions within a team
- You can perform advanced problem solving and root cause analysis and can effectively communicate from those analyses
- You are an expert at telling stories with data
- You've led the finance function at hardware-enabled software businesses
- You're current on CFIUS requirements and Technology export process and practices
- You're experienced with IP Strategy, Technology Licensing and Joint Ventures
- You've successfully worked with foreign government entities on collaboration, subsidies, requirements (e.g., Taiwan, China, Korea, Hong Kong, or Japan)
- You have an advanced degree or professional certification in a financial field (CPA, CFA, MBA, MS Finance, etc.) from a globally recognized graduate program
- You're experienced in our current finance/accounting software tool stack: Bill.com, Xero, Expensify, Salesforce, Google Sheets
- You're an expert in various cash securities, investment strategies and asset management
- You have reported to or served on corporate for-profit boards
Applying to Verdigris is a chance to make an impact by joining a mission-driven startup. We’re aggressively innovating for the energy management industry hoping to affect climate change. Verdigrisians aim to be ego-free authorities in our fields. We take our work seriously and strive for an opportunity-filled environment supportive of curious minds.
You can expect thoughtful, hardworking and funny teammates. When we are not sheltering-in-place, you can usually find someone to tour our historic NASA campus or make empanadas from scratch. We value differing perspectives and embrace candid, direct, and constant feedback. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, origin, gender, orientation, age, or status.