Rolo is looking for a talented front-end developer to join its international team in our Taipei office. The perfect candidate will be in charge of developing the UI of our main product by writing clean and reliable code.
【What we’re building】
We are building a secure business chat platform that enables people to send messages, have voice/video calls, share screens and send files all end-to-end encrypted by our partner BlackBerry. Beyond security, we bring organizational management functionality to chat that helps companies take control over their company’s business conversations and contacts. Find out more at www.rolo.chat
【Benefits of working at Rolo】
Make an impact
The Rolo team is small, but growing, with more than half-a-dozen people working full-time on the business. As such a small team, what you do will make a HUGE impact to the company and the product itself. Your code will be used in a live product, and you’ll get real feedback from users on how it can be improved.
Be part of an international team
The senior leadership come from France, UK and Italy, while the rest of our team are a mix of nationalities, making working with us a wholly unique experience, and much more enjoyable than can typically be had working under local management styles (Trust us, we know!)
Work remotely when needed
The whole team currently works from home on Wednesdays, and that may be extended to more days in future, but we’re building a company culture where we welcome remote working when needed.
Be goal oriented
We currently work on the basis of 2 week sprints. At the start of a sprint, we each set a list of the tasks we can realistically accomplish over the next 2 weeks.
Plenty of snacks
We’ve always got a table covered in snacks that you’re welcome to grab to power on through the day.
- Use different technologies to create a highly-scalable client app that seamlessly integrates with the backend API.
- Create clean and reusable components to populate the app UI with particular attention to performance & security.
- Take part in the product design process to provide feedback on what is envisioned and its feasibility.
- Cooperate with our backend developers to define and integrate the server API in the client.
- Follow and be accountable for code best practices all over the repository.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Conversational fluency in English is required.
- 3 years+ related working experience is required.
- Good grasp of RWD, and mobile web design.
- Experience in cross-browser development and related issues.
- Knowledge of software life-cycles including design, development, build/release, and QA.
【Nice to have】
- Server-side coding experience in Node.js.
- Experience writing end-to-end tests.
- Experience in Scrum development.
【How to apply】
Send an email with your CV, along with a link to your GitHub or CodePen (if available) to: Samuele Zaza, CTO - firstname.lastname@example.org