Be the change you wish to see in the world -- make a positive difference in the lives of kids! We are looking for a motivated Director of Business Development & Strategy who truly wants to make an impact and join an international, world-class team. With dual offices in Taipei, Taiwan and the San Francisco Bay Area, Zoodles is a rapidly growing (15 mil+ installs of our Kid Mode app, all organic), award-winning cross-platform mobile and web startup backed by HTC that is revolutionizing educational technology for kids globally using the power of Big Data. You’ll be joining early in the high growth phase of the company, with a chance to contribute in significant ways as the company expands.
What You Will Be Doing
Lead strategic partnership, content sourcing and app distribution deal-making across the world. Key deal-related duties include:
· Deal sourcing/ prep work: identifying target partners, doing background research, creating pitch decks, etc.
· Deal terms, negotiation strategy and financial analysis
· Lead negotiations with 3rd party companies
· Contract drafting (in coordination with lawyers)
· Smoothly handing over post-deal follow up to the partner management team (bringing them up to speed on agreed deal terms, assisting them on contract issues that might arise with the partner)
Corporate Strategy / Finance
Scan competitor and potential partner developments (primarily via desktop research) and plot/ update overall company strategy. This could include corporate financial analysis, depending on your skill set.
As the company engages in periodic fundraising efforts, you will support the effort through preparing fundraising decks, financial models, and assisting with managing the investors’ due diligence process.
Other Projects / Project Management
You may be called upon to take on project management/ coordination/ analysis duties from time to time.
Managing a Senior BD Analyst who will be supporting you on all the activities above…
What You Need for this Position
· 6+ years professional business experience, including at least 3 years at a multinational company in a business development, corporate development, or strategy position
· 4 year university degree required
· MBA from a top US or European school preferred
· Ability to handle and track many details—excellent organization/ coordination skills
· Strong analytics and creative problem solving skills
· A positive, client-friendly attitude, and ability to maintain good working relationships
· Excellent communication skills -- ability to communicate with senior management and across cultures
· Strong English skills-- reading, writing, and speaking; Mandarin Chinese highly desirable
· A “startup” mentality (previous startup experience a plus)
o Willing to be flexible—capable of handling many duties at the same time
o Have a “do whatever it takes” mentality
o Willing to jump onto calls during nights or weekends, if required, as partners are global
o Be comfortable in a fast-moving, tight deadline environment
· A Collaborative approach, Self-initiative, Integrity, Passion, Maturity
- Knowledge of digital business models required, and understanding of mobile ecosystem (apps, handsets/tablets, carriers) helpful
What's In It For You
· The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kids and bring digital learning to the world
· The chance to join a “Silicon Valley” style startup in the comfort of Taipei
· Competitive compensation package
If you are a rock star Business Development executive who wants to be at the intersection of ed-tech, mobile, and big data, please apply today. Send CV/resume with a brief introduction, and which job you are applying for in the email subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org