Be the change you wish to see in the world -- make a positive difference in the lives of kids! We are looking for a motivated Director of Curriculum and Assessment who truly wants to make an impact in EdTech and join an international, world-class team. With dual offices in Taipei, Taiwan, and the San Francisco Bay Area, we are a rapidly growing (15mil+ installs of our app, all organic), award-winning cross-platform mobile and web startup backed by HTC that is revolutionizing educational technology for kids globally using the power of machine learning/ big data. You’ll be joining early in the high growth phase of the company, with a chance to lead and shape our overall direction, and contribute in significant ways as the company expands.
What You Will Be Doing
Be responsible for all aspects of the company’s educational curriculum, learning assessment activities, and overall content mix and quality. The Director of Curriculum and Assessment will focus on shaping the vision, structure, and implementation of our learning curriculum and assessments; design and deliver assessment frameworks, including evaluating, analyzing, and optimizing our assessment efficacies; and support the fostering of innovative learning- and assessment-based solutions to customer needs.
- Lead the assessment design and development of a portfolio of multiple learning games and activities
- Define and design the learning assessment analytics infrastructure, and analyze assessment data to understand efficacies and to optimize assessment quality.
- Coordinate assessment-related activities with partners including big data analytics service providers
- Research, develop, update, and maintain our curriculum ontology of subjects, taking into consideration the global nature of our product offerings and userbase, as well as next-generation trends for learning in the 21st Century
- Develop long term strategic plans, objectives and standards of performance for the direction of all learning curriculum and assessment activities.
- Be at the forefront of current industry trends, ensuring the company establishes its leadership position in ed-tech curriculum and learning assessment, and is constantly striving to increase this lead through practical innovation.
- CHIEF EDITOR OF 3rd PARTY CONTENT:
- Determine the optimal mix of 3rd party games, apps, videos, books and other activities served up to our users
- Be the final arbiter of quality/ ratings for all the 3rd party items before they go live on our platform (though overall policy would be agreed among management team)
- OUTREACH/PUBLIC FACE:
- Provide a Point of View and be the public voice for all things curriculum and assessment-related on our blog and other related outreach efforts
- Effectively inform team members and provide learning assessment direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that helps set the company’s curriculum and assessment strategy and direction, and work collaboratively with other functional managers and executives to help implement that strategic vision.
- Coordinate and be the conduit and point person for our Educational Advisory Board, soliciting input from them as needed, even help recruiting them if possible.
What You Need for this Position
· 3+ years experience designing, developing, and implementing learning assessment frameworks in digital media
· Expertise with analytical tools or software (R, SPSS, etc.) to support analysis of large assessment data sets
· 5+ years teaching experience -- administration and primary school teaching experience helpful
· Excellent communication and people skills -- Ability to communicate with senior management and across cultures and time zones
· Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively with distributed teams
· Working knowledge of the ed-tech space and the current digital learning assessment landscape
· Graduate degree in Education with Digital Media Learning Assessment focus highly desirable.
· Must have a “startup” mentality (previous startup experience a plus)
o Willing to be flexible-- equally adept shifting between R&D, design, implementation, and execution in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
o Have a “do whatever it takes” mentality
o Able to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
o Be comfortable in a fast-moving, test-and-learn, data-driven environment
o Possesses a Collaborative approach, Self-initiative, Integrity, Passion, and Maturity
What's In It For You
· The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kids and bring digital learning to the world
· The ability to truly pioneer and shape the Ed-Tech industry at the ground floor of an innovative startup intent on changing the world
· Competitive compensation package
If you are a rock star Curriculum and Assessment guru who wants to be at the intersection of ed-tech, mobile, and machine learning/ big data, please apply today. Send CV/resume with a brief introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org