Be the change you wish to see in the world -- make a positive difference in the lives of kids! We are looking for a motivated Executive Assistant/ Office Manager who truly wants to make an impact and join an international, world-class team. Zoodles is a rapidly growing (15 mil+ installs of our Kid Mode app, all organic), award-winning cross-platform mobile and web startup backed by HTC that is revolutionizing educational technology for kids globally using the power of Big Data. You’ll be joining early in the high growth phase of the company, with a chance to contribute in significant ways as the company expands.
What You Will Be Doing
Note this list is not comprehensive, but gives you a good idea of the type of work you will be doing. As part of the startup team, your duties could shift depending on needs.
· Administration/ Executive Assistant Duties:
o Handling travel arrangements and expense reporting for President and other company executives and employees as appropriate
o Meeting coordination, booking conference rooms, etc.
o Document translation from Chinese to English and vice versa (once in a while)
o Coordinating legal document signing process
o Help create and edit Powerpoint presentations—mostly in English
o Help to host out of town clients and visiting Zoodles team members
o Helping to draft job descriptions and posting on job recruitment sites, working with headhunters, etc.
o Other ad-hoc projects as necessary, including some personal items, helping to answer customer service emails on occasion
· Office management:
o Tracking T&E and other office expenses for the team
o Office supplies & equipment purchases/maintenance (coordinating with HTC administration and with outside vendors)
o Coordinating delivery of PCs/ IT equipment and support
o Handling incoming/outgoing mail
o Organize team building activities
o Handling all aspects of any potential office relocations in the mid term
o Maintaining files and other records
· Accounts Payable/ Receivable
o Arrange payment to outside vendors, contractors, and Zoodles employees (paychecks, T&E expense reimbursements) across the world. This will involve coordinating closely with HTC Accounts Payable department, and even helping to figure out more efficient processes.
o Arrange collections from business partners across the globe
· Project Management
o You may be called upon to take on project management/ coordination duties over time to assist some of the company executives
o The goal is that once you have mastered/ made the existing processes more efficient, you could be freed up to handle more ad-hoc projects.
What You Need for this Position
· 5+ years work experience in an administration/ executive assistant, office management, accounts payable/receivables or equivalent position—OR, have the ability and maturity to handle such a role
· 2+ years working for a multinational company
· University or administration degree
· Ability to handle and track many details—excellent organization/ coordination skills
- Able to think analytically and creatively solve problems
- Must have a positive, client-friendly attitude, and be able to maintain good working relationships with management and other staff at all levels
· Excellent communication skills -- Ability to communicate with senior management and across cultures
· Strong English skills needed-- reading, writing, and speaking; Mandarin Chinese highly desirable
· Must have a “startup” mentality (previous startup experience a plus)
o Willing to be flexible—capable of handling many duties at the same time
o Have a “do whatever it takes” mentality
o Willing to jump onto calls during nights or weekends, if required, to solve problems
o Be comfortable in a fast-moving, tight deadline environment
· Must possess a Collaborative approach, Self-initiative, Integrity, Passion, and Maturity
What's In It For You
· The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kids and bring digital learning to the world
· Competitive compensation package
If you are a high performing executive assistant / office administrator who wants to be at the intersection of ed-tech, mobile, and big data, please apply today. Send CV/resume with a brief introduction, and which job you are applying for in the email subject line to: email@example.com